Do you prefer walking, jogging, hiking, or running? No matter your preference, do at least one of these daily for 30 minutes. Research has shown that walking for 30 minutes a day helps with heart health. Plus, it's free and fun!
So, in addition to helping keep you healthy, we think walking will also make you happy here's why:
- Time spent in the great outdoors gives you a boost of Vitamin D and more energy
- Cardiovascular exercise helps boost your metabolism and strengthen your heart
- Walking helps improve blood pressure levels
- Walking keeps your weight in check
- The 30 minutes spent walking allows you to enjoy your beautiful surroundings
Walking Ideas to Keep You Entertained
If you're the type of person who likes to switch things up or keep your routine entertaining, try these ideas to make your exercise routine more entertaining:
- Try a sunrise stroll: Have your coffee prepped the night before and take a walk while watching the sun go up. It's a great way to start the day while getting your heart healthy walk out of the way early.
- Sunset walking session: Go somewhere with a great sunset view and walk around until the sun begins to go down. Be sure to sit down and enjoy the peaceful view!
- Change your walk with the seasons: As each season changes, find a different walking route that will allow you to appreciate the new weather.
- Act like a tourist: Most locals avoid tourist attractions due to the crowds. But, walking around popular tourist attractions can be a good change of pace.
- Participate in a charity walk: There are so many charitable walk options out there for you. You'll be helping the community while helping yourself.
- Pick a Park: Parks are made for our enjoyment. Try your heart healthy walk in the park and enjoy whatever it has to offer.
All you have to do is commit to walking 30 minutes a day and you'll be well on your way to better health.