The reason it's called a common cold is because the cold virus is always out there, it only sometimes succeeds at attacking your body.
If your immune system is functioning properly, your body is able to naturally defend itself against the cold virus.
While this is going on, you are living your life as your usual, healthy self. You only realize it's happening when you lose the battle.
When the cold wins out
If there is any interference in your nervous system, it can affect your immune system function. When your immune system isn't functioning properly, it is unable to fend off viruses.
So when you notice cold (or other virus) symptoms like headaches, stuffy nose, sore throats, and more, you've likely already had the virus for 3-5 days. These symptoms are a signal to you that something isn't functioning properly.
Keeping Your Immune System Strong
Avoiding the cold altogether would be ideal, so why not set yourself up to fend of any virus? Here's how:
- Diet: Eat more fruits and vegetables and avoid sugar. Vitamin and antioxidant-rich foods help you fight off sickness.
- Exercise: Keep active to keep your immune system healthy
- Sleep: Getting the proper amount of rest decreases the likelihood of getting sick.
- Hydration: Staying properly hydrated rids your body of toxins. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Chiropractic: Receiving regular chiropractic adjustments, whether you're sick or not, keeps your nervous system and immune system functioning properly. When your spine is properly aligned, your body functions as it was designed to. This keeps your white blood cell count up, helping you feel your best.
Chiropractic taps into your body's natural ability to heal itself. Taking care of your body gives it the best chance to fight off sickness. Give us a call and let's talk about ways you can stay healthy year-round!