Chiropractic for Sciatica
Sciatica is a pain that begins in the low back and extends down one or both legs. It is usually exacerbated by long periods of sitting or standing.
Sciatica is typically related to the discs between the bones of the low back. Trauma causes one or more of these discs to bulge. This crowds the nearby nerves, causing irritation and inflammation. A cough or a sneeze may feel painful. If ignored, the nerve irritation extends along the sciatic nerves down one or both legs. While the pain occurs in the legs, the culprit is actually the low back.
We can help!
Improving joint motion is our speciality! Chiropractic adjustments help to restore proper motion to the spine. Producing great pain relief for most patients.
It all starts with a chiropractic consultation and thorough examination of the spine. If we think we can help eliminate the cause of your pain, we'l tell you. If we don't think we can help, which is rare, we'll refer you t someone who can. Get started by scheduling your appointment today.
- How do you get sciatica?
- It is sometimes easy to trace spinal problems to certain events like car accidents. However sciatica is often the result of cumulative damage. Years of poor postures, bad muscle tone, excess weight, ect. can set the stage for sciatica. Something simple like bending over to tie your shoes can trigger an episode. Spinal decay is another culprit. Instead of disc thinning that puts pressure on the sciatic nerve roots, arthritic bone spurs can intrude into the space for the nerve.
- Does chiropractic cure sciatica?
- Technically, chiropractic doesn't cure anything. It taps into your body's ability to cure itself. Chiropractic can help restore proper nervous system function to reduce nerve irritation and revitalize your own healing ability.
- How much chiropractic care will be needed?
- Most patients experience relief after one visit, however relief can take weeks or even month of care depending on the case.